WM DPG offers stipends for FNCE®, Obesity Week, CDR Weight Management Trainings, and the Academy's Nutrition and Dietetics Advocacy Summit.
Stipends allow professionals and students to attend professional meetings for continuing education and professional development. The stipends are one of the many benefits of WM DPG membership.
Stipend recipients will be asked to complete a 250-word bio, photo release for photo, and post-meeting 100-word report for use on print and electronic media. Recipients will be asked to network and help as needed depending on meeting.The application period closed August 17th. We'll share recipient information soon!Selection and Eligibility Criteria
• Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the WM DPG.
• Not have received a WM DPG professional development stipend in the past two years.
• WM Executive Committee members, both elected and appointed, are not eligible during their term of office.Requirements of Stipend Recipients:
• Submit a brief bio (~250 words), headshot, and Consent to Publish Photo form
• Submit a brief report (~100 words) highlighting your top three take-home points from the meeting or training for the WM DPG Newsletter and/or website
The stipend is intended to assist members with the cost of attending professional meetings. Stipends are a member benefit and are intended to supplement the cost to attend meetings but may not fully cover expenses. Stipends are considered a source of income and must be reported on your annual tax return. Recipients will receive a statement from the Academy by January 31st for tax reporting purposes.